Windows play an important role in the overall aesthetic of your property and it’s important to clean and maintain them well. But they can be a pain to clean, especially if they’re tall and on different floors. It requires time, patience, and skill because inefficient cleaning can leave behind streak marks on the panes and compromise the beauty of the view. That’s why it’s a good idea to hire a professional for the job. Here are some suggestions to help you choose the right one:
- Responsive – The first thing to do is find a window cleaning company that’s responsive. They should reply to your request for quote or information quickly and be willing to answer your questions regarding their services and pricing. A quick response is an indication of the quality of their customer service. If the company responds quickly and eagerly to your questions, you should consider them for the job.
- Insurances – Cleaning windows is risky, especially in high-rise or multi-storeyed buildings. When workers operate in such risky circumstances, they should have adequate insurance cover. Window cleaning can also lead to accidental damage like cracked panes and panels, which can be expensive to fix. A good insurance cover will protect your interests as well, which is why it’s important to choose a company with comprehensive insurance. You can ask the cleaning service to provide a copy of the documentation before you hire them because most companies will be perfectly willing to hand them over.
- References – While window cleaning services aren’t very expensive, they’ll still be a waste of money if the job isn’t done well. You should ask companies on your shortlist to provide references and recommendations from previous clients. Be sure to follow up those references and speak with previous and existing clients about the quality of the company’s services. Many clients don’t follow up on references, and hire inefficient companies to clean their windows.
- Trustworthy, Polite, and Courteous – You give window cleaners access to your property and pay them money to do a good job. As a client, you deserve to be treated with friendly courtesy so don’t hesitate to judge the cleaners on their behaviour towards you. If they’re friendly, polite, and helpful, you’ve hired a good company. If they don’t respond well or treat you with discourtesy, you need to look elsewhere because you won’t be able to comfortably hire them on a long term basis.
- Respect for Your Property – Cleaners don’t just need to treat you with respect, they need to treat your property with respect as well. Always hire people who look after your property as you would look after it yourself. They should respect your possessions and privacy, and keep their attention focused on their job.
We offer reasonably priced, high-quality window cleaning services here at Shimmer Glass Cleaning. If you want a free quote for our services, just call 1300 090 914 or fill in this contact us form.