With the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, companies and businesses must carry out frequent cleaning and disinfection to keep their staff and clients safe.
Surfaces and Areas to be Cleaned
Although person-to-person transmission poses a higher risk, the CDC (Centre for Disease Control) recommends cleaning and disinfecting all the widely used surfaces. People continuously use elevators and other high-touch areas throughout the day, making it essential to clean these surfaces at least once a day.
Recent studies state that viruses and bacteria can live on surfaces for over 72 hours. This poses a severe risk of contamination to the next occupant. All surfaces, including plastic, metal, and glass, can harbour these viruses.
Touching these surfaces or coming in contact with them can transfer pathogens. This makes it crucial to hire glass cleaner expert for your commercial property.
Cleaning Steps to Follow
Keep in mind that cleaning and disinfecting are two different processes. Here’s a brief look at them:
- Cleaning – This refers to removing germs, dirt, and other various impurities from glass surfaces. Although cleaning doesn’t eliminate the bacteria, it reduces the chances of spreading infections. Cleaning is generally carried out by using soaps, cleansers, and detergents before the disinfecting process.
- Disinfecting – This process refers to the use of chemicals to eliminate germs on all glass surfaces. Only commercially approved disinfecting solutions are used to eliminate bacteria from surfaces.
After a disinfectant is used to clean a surface, wait a few minutes for the product to eliminate all germs and viruses. As glass is chemically inert, all kinds of cleaners and disinfectants can be used. Some things to focus on include:
- Wear either reusable or disposable gloves for disinfecting
- Clean all surfaces with soap and water
- Wash your hands as often as possible for at least 20-30 seconds.
Hire Professional Glass Cleaner in Sydney
Commercial property owners have to carry out professional cleaning and disinfecting. This ensures that all areas of their property are clean from potential coronavirus contamination. Licensed glass cleaner in Sydney like us use the latest tools, and highly-effective products to disinfect surfaces of your building.
All cleaning and disinfecting services are carried out using commercially approved products compliant with all safety regulations. The process will reassure your staff, visitors, and customers that your premises are entirely safe from infections. This on-going cleaning routine will help in further reassurance that your business takes this matter seriously and maintaining a high standard of hygiene.
We offer reasonably priced, high-quality window cleaning services here at Shimmer Glass Cleaning. If you want a free quote for our services, just call 1300 090 914 or fill in this contact us form.