With the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, companies and businesses have a responsibility to carry out frequent cleaning and disinfection to keep their employees and clients safe.
Surfaces and Areas to be Cleaned
Although person-to-person transmission poses a higher risk, the CDC (Centre for Disease Control) recommends cleaning and disinfecting of all widely used surfaces. Among these high-touch areas are building entrances such as glass doors which are used throughout the day. Touching these surfaces or coming in contact with them can transfer pathogens posing a high risk of contamination to the next occupant. Therefore, it is recommended to clean these surfaces at least once a day
Many commercial organizations across the Sydney Metropolitan area have been calling Shimmer Glass and Pressure Cleaning to assist with disinfecting programs such as these.
Cleaning Steps to Follow
If you have the manpower to keep your surfaces clean, then you can follow these steps to ensure the cleanliness of your surfaces. Keep in mind that cleaning and disinfecting are two different processes. Here’s a brief look at them:
- Cleaning – This refers to removing dirt and other various impurities from glass surfaces. Although cleaning doesn’t eliminate the bacteria, it reduces the chances of spreading infections. Cleaning is generally carried out by using soap, cleanser, and detergent before the disinfecting process.
- Disinfecting – This process refers to the use of chemicals to eliminate germs and viruses on all glass surfaces. Only commercially approved disinfecting solutions are used to eliminate bacteria from surfaces.
After a disinfectant is used to clean a surface, wait a few minutes for the product to eliminate all germs and viruses. As glass is chemically inert, all kinds of cleaners and disinfectants can be used.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Wear either reusable or disposable gloves for disinfecting
- Clean all surfaces with soap and water
- Wash your hands as often as possible for at least 20-30 seconds.
Hire A Professional Window Cleaner in Sydney
Alternatively, to effectively reduce the risk of contamination, commercial property owners have to carry out professional cleaning and disinfecting. This ensures that all areas of their property are clean from potential coronavirus contamination. Professional window cleaners in Sydney, like Shimmer Glass and Pressure Cleaning, use the latest tools and highly-effective products to disinfect surfaces of your building.
All cleaning and disinfecting services are carried out using commercially approved products compliant with all safety regulations. The process will reassure your staff, visitors, and customers that your premises are entirely safe from infections. This on-going cleaning routine will help to further reassure that your business takes this matter seriously and maintaining a high standard of hygiene.
If you’re looking for a company that can take care of your glass surfaces, Shimmer Glass and Pressure Cleaning offers reasonably priced, high-quality window cleaning and pressure cleaning services. If you want a free quote for our services, please call 1300 090 914 or fill out our contact us form.