Top Ten Cleaning Tips
Window cleaning isn’t something you can defer for too long and most people spend some time on weekends cleaning various glass windows and doors in their home. It doesn’t take long for these glass surfaces to become dirty, dusty or smudged with fingerprints. The exterior surfaces are impacted by pollutants and grit as well. Over time this can only affect the appearance of your home and this is why regular window cleaning is important. Here are the top 10 cleaning tips from the experts at Shimmer Glass Cleaning:
- Always start from the top of the windows and then clean the lower edges.
- Start with cleaning all the cobwebs from the edges and corners of the windows.
- Use environmentally-friendly detergent- not only it mild yet effective, but it isn’t harsh on the environment either.
- Don’t use excessive amounts of detergent- You only need a diluted solution of water and liquid detergent to get your windows sparkling clean. Using too much detergent is wasteful and creates a mess too.
- Use a squeegee to keep the glass panes streak-free.
- Clean the window sills and tracks when you are cleaning the window panes.
- Clean the outer surfaces of the windows regularly as well; this will ensure there is no stubborn buildup of pollutants that can affect the integrity of the glass surfaces.
- If some windows aren’t easily accessible from the exterior, hire professionals rather than taking any risks.
- Maintain regularity with your cleaning schedule- this will ensure there isn’t too much dust accumulation and you will end up spending less time each weekend cleaning the windows in your home.
For reliable and professional residential or commercial window cleaning services, call Shimmer Glass Cleaning at 1300 090 914. You can also ask for an online quote via this form. You will receive a response within 60 minutes of your online request.