If you tell people you intend to clean windows with just pure water without the assistance of soap and chemicals, they’ll naturally be sceptical. However, this technique does work and it’s quick, effective, and has a lower risk of injury. Several window cleaning companies have started to offer this service and clients are curious about it. Here’s a brief explanation of the process and how it works.
What is Pure Water?
This is the key ingredient in the cleaning process because waterfed pole and soap-free cleaning wouldn’t work without pure water. This isn’t the same drinking water available in taps. Pure water is liquid that’s free of any Total Dissolved Solids and is deionised through a special purification process. It’s not free of bacteria and germs, but rather free of metals and minerals.
Usually, rain water is pure, especially in regions with less pollution. The pure water has a tendency to bind with minerals, organic material, and dirt and take these impurities with it. If you pour pure water on a dirty or dusty surface, it’ll be completely clean after the liquid flows off it.
How Does Waterfed Pole Work?
- The waterfed pole system makes window cleaning much easier and quicker.
- Cleaners don’t have to climb ladders to reach high windows. The pole can extend to a considerable distance so the cleaners can stand on the ground and clean windows that are two, even three stories high.
- The pole transports pure water to a specialised brush at the tip that releases the water against the window pane.
- The pure water agitates the dirt and grime collected on the surface of the window and loosens it enough for the brush to scrub it away.
- Pure water will break the bond between dirt and glass and a simple rinse will remove dirty water from the surface without any stains or watermarks.
This method of cleaning windows is very effective but it’s not an all-in-one solution. If your window has oily residue and grease on it, just pure water won’t be able to handle the problem and we’ll have to use soap and brush to clean the panes more effectively. However, if you clean the windows regularly with the waterfed pole system, grease and grime won’t accumulate on the glass in the first place. This is a very cost-effective and quick way to keep your windows clean; so you should get it done regularly.
It’s also important to hire the right cleaner for the waterfed pole cleaning process. Some amateurs don’t know how to move the pole, and they leave behind water stains and dirt on the window pane. This process requires a specific technique and considerable skill so you need to hire a cleaner with experience in this field, We offer reasonably priced, high-quality window cleaning services here at Shimmer Glass Cleaning. If you want a free quote for our services, just call 1300 090 914 or fill in this contact us form.
Windows play an important role in the overall aesthetic of your property and it’s important to clean and maintain them well. But they can be a pain to clean, especially if they’re tall and on different floors. It requires time, patience, and skill because inefficient cleaning can leave behind streak marks on the panes and compromise the beauty of the view. That’s why it’s a good idea to hire a professional for the job. Here are some suggestions to help you choose the right one:
- Responsive – The first thing to do is find a window cleaning company that’s responsive. They should reply to your request for quote or information quickly and be willing to answer your questions regarding their services and pricing. A quick response is an indication of the quality of their customer service. If the company responds quickly and eagerly to your questions, you should consider them for the job.
- Insurances – Cleaning windows is risky, especially in high-rise or multi-storeyed buildings. When workers operate in such risky circumstances, they should have adequate insurance cover. Window cleaning can also lead to accidental damage like cracked panes and panels, which can be expensive to fix. A good insurance cover will protect your interests as well, which is why it’s important to choose a company with comprehensive insurance. You can ask the cleaning service to provide a copy of the documentation before you hire them because most companies will be perfectly willing to hand them over.
- References – While window cleaning services aren’t very expensive, they’ll still be a waste of money if the job isn’t done well. You should ask companies on your shortlist to provide references and recommendations from previous clients. Be sure to follow up those references and speak with previous and existing clients about the quality of the company’s services. Many clients don’t follow up on references, and hire inefficient companies to clean their windows.
- Trustworthy, Polite, and Courteous – You give window cleaners access to your property and pay them money to do a good job. As a client, you deserve to be treated with friendly courtesy so don’t hesitate to judge the cleaners on their behaviour towards you. If they’re friendly, polite, and helpful, you’ve hired a good company. If they don’t respond well or treat you with discourtesy, you need to look elsewhere because you won’t be able to comfortably hire them on a long term basis.
- Respect for Your Property – Cleaners don’t just need to treat you with respect, they need to treat your property with respect as well. Always hire people who look after your property as you would look after it yourself. They should respect your possessions and privacy, and keep their attention focused on their job.
We offer reasonably priced, high-quality window cleaning services here at Shimmer Glass Cleaning. If you want a free quote for our services, just call 1300 090 914 or fill in this contact us form.